Pages

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

My Blogger Buddies.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Just to Let You Know.

HEY GUYS!!!! THERE'S MORE PUZZLES AND FUN STUFF DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG!!!!!!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day/Decoration Day! Hope you've had a good one! This has been possibly the best memorial day ever for me. Had a bunch of relatives over and swam and ate and talked. It was great! We also celebrated Sarah's fourth birthday today! It's actually on Wednesday, but since everyone was here today, we had the party today instead. She's busy acting like a princess. Among many other things, she got a Sleeping Beauty dress, glass slippers, long gloves, a crown, and wand. =D We took the girls swimming for the first time this year. Emily loved it, but Sarah wasn't too thrilled. =) They're starting swimming lessons in a couple of months.

But about Memorial Day. I was deeply offended when I heard that Obama wasn't going to honor the grave of the Unknown Soldier. What an idiot! >=( But now that I think of it, it's probably more of an honor to the soldier that Osama, erm, Obama didn't put a wreath on the grave. I would be offended if such an evil man defiled my grave!

I know many young men who are serving in the military, so that makes this holiday more personal to me. My pastor put it this way, referring to those who died fighting for rights and freedoms. "Those men died so that we could play." It's a sobering thought. We take so many of our freedoms for granted, but many men died to give them to us. To me, it's almost an insult to them to take what they fought for so lightly. Any way, just wanted to share some thoughts and stuff. Happy birthday Sarah! =D

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Memorial Day to you, too! I agree with what you said about Obama NOT visiting the unknown soldiers grave... he is so bad. I once saw a bumper sticker that said "No Thank You, I Already Have a Messiah". If I had a car I would want that sticker, cause I couldn't have said it better myself!

~Stephanie

dmvoccola said...

Taylor! This is the what 7th time you've changed it? LOL just kidding! I <3 the name! can i make you a header? If yes send me an email (go figure) with an idea of what you want!!!!
Tessa
I<3friends!

Taylor said...

Sorry Tessa! I'll be sure to ask your permission next time! lol Are you working on my header, slacker? jk jk =D

Stephanie, sometime we should get together and talk about how much we hate Obama! =D Happy Memorial Day!

Mary said...

Wow, Taylor! Osama?!
jk, jk. That's the way we feel about him too!