Pages

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

My Blogger Buddies.

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Just to Let You Know.

HEY GUYS!!!! THERE'S MORE PUZZLES AND FUN STUFF DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG!!!!!!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Late Valentines Day!

Sorry about not saying that yesterday, but I was a little busy. Anyway, I hope ya'll had a great Valentine's Day, because I sure did! But I know some people didn't have a very good time. On Saturday, I went with Dad to help him pick something out for Mom. If you could see some of the stuff he has given her over the years, you would know why he took me with. There were aisles and aisles of Valentine stuff in the store, but it still took us about 30 minutes to decide. While we were looking, a woman on a cell phone was walking past us. I overheard her saying, "No, he never gets me anything. I'm going to leave him." She was almost crying. And after that, a man, also on a cell phone, was saying to his friend, "I don't know what her problem is. She's always saying I don't care about her!"

To me, this was really sad, but it's what's going on today. Valentines Day is supposed to be a time where people show their love to each other, not a time for anger and strife. Just that little scene in a store really impacted me. I just thought I'd share that with you, hope it's not depressing! But, now for some good news.

My family always exchanges little gifts on Valentines Day, and this year was no different. But this year, Christy and I recieved identical necklaces from Dad.


This isn't my actual necklace, but it looks exactly the same. If you can't tell, it says, "He who holds the key can unlock my heart." My family has been watching a video study about purity, betrothal, and marriage. The preacher said his girls had given him the keys to their necklaces like this. I thought that was really cool, and I was so surprised when Dad gave us ours! It was definetely the best Valentine gift I have ever recieved! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: